Happy National Apprenticeship week! This week is all about celebrating and diving deeper into apprenticeships, a form of work-based learning & post-secondary education that provides an integral talent pipeline addressing some of our most pressing workforce challenges.
Did you know that 93% of apprentices continue employment after they’ve completed their apprenticeship program?
These programs have also been shown to improve productivity and profitability, reduce turnover, and create a highly skilled workforce.
Even more, offering apprenticeships at the high school level allows you to build connections and vet potential employees early on, develop the skills your company needs most, and secure your ideal future workforce – whether you’re looking 5 months ahead or 5 years ahead.
Interested in learning more about apprenticeships? These resources can help you learn more!
- Join the North Dakota Apprenticeship Expo event on November 17. Click here to register!
- North Dakota Career & Technical Education – Apprenticeships – Learn more about building and sustaining local apprenticeships. Check out two recent webinars from Lake Region State College and ND CTE highlighting registered apprenticeships.
- Webinar Recording: “How to Build a Modern Apprenticeship Program” – This educational webinar focused on how companies can identify the talent they need and build apprenticeship programs with institutions like Lake Region State College to get future employees the training they need for success.
- ApprenticeshipsUSA – Explore information on apprenticeships from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org – Build & share apprenticeship programs with >30k students at >200 schools through Compass. We can help answer any questions you have about utilizing apprenticeship programs for workforce development.